I know I am a little late for "Foto Friday" because I have been working on my son's smash cake (pictured above). We are doing pictures tomorrow with the best photographer EVER even though Cash is not one yet (but close enough for pictures). Can't wait to post some :)
Ingredients for the Pork
1 bone in pork loin, bone-in, about 5 pounds
Salt and pepper to taste (more than you think)
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Dash of cumin
1/4 cup flour
Ingredients for the Glaze
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions for the Pork
1. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, red pepper, and cumin in a big ziplock bag. Place the bone-in pork loin in the bag. Shake the bag to evenly coat. Remove from bag and discard excess flour mixture.
2. Place in a baking dish, fat side up, and cook for about 2 hours at 350 degrees (30 minutes per pound) or until your meat thermometer reaches 150 degrees.
Directions for the Glaze
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until bubbly. Set aside until meat is at 150 degrees.
2. Brush glaze over meat and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until your meat thermometer reaches 165-170 degreed.
3. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.