Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Oreo Brownies

I am so sorry that I have been M.I.A. lately. My husband got a new job and we moved back across the country ... AGAIN! But it was so worth it! So between packing, unpacking, taking care of a one-year old, and finding a house, I was SUPER busy! But I am back!!! And there are some delicious posts (including this one) coming up! 

In other news, Cash (my son) is in first place right now and we need to keep him there :)! You can vote for him every day until Sunday. Help us out!!! Vote for Cash! Thank you in advance!!



I have been on such a brownie kick lately and these are SO heavenly! I made them for my niece's soccer team while I was visiting my sister and there weren't even crumbs left. And the frosting...UNREAL! Lets not talk about the calorie count and just enjoy the deliciousness!


Ingredients for Brownies
2 packages (roughly 20 oz each) brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge)
12 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

1 package of double stuff oreos

Directions for the Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil. Butter and flour.
2. Stir all ingredients with a wooden spoon (even though it does not seem like a lot of liquid, it will be plenty). Place your oreos in a single layer on the bottom of your pan (or you can do it in the middle if you would like).
2. Pour over the top of the oreos and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.



Ingredients for the Frosting
1/2 cup butter
4 ounce cream cheese
1 pound powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Enough cream (or evaporated milk) to make the frosting spreadable
Oreo crumbles for topping


Directions for the Frosting
1. Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
2. Add half of the powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
3. Add the vanilla and 2 tablespoons cream. Mix until smooth.
4. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
5. If the frosting isn't thin enough to be spreadable, add more cream and mix until it becomes spreadable.
6. Frost the brownies and top with oreo crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest