Monday, August 27, 2012
This was SO good! I made it TWICE in two weeks (which basically NEVER happens) for two different groups of people because it was SO good! Both groups absolutely LOVED it and asked for the recipe. DEFINITELY a keeper. It is kind of the same idea as Taco Pasta. Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed with this one.
NOTE: I have tried this with all red, all green, and a mixture of the two sauces and all of them were super good!
Also, if you don't have enchilada sauce, you can make your own. Google a recipe. Seems super easy. I have not done it yet but will definitely be trying it soon.
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 (10 ounce) cans green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
4 ounces cream cheese
Penne pasta, cooked and drained
Avocado, optional for garnish
Green onion, optional for garnish
Sour cream, optional for garnish
Tomato, optional for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
2. Add cooked chicken, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt, and enchilada sauces. Let simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through.
4. Turn the heat to low and add the cream cheese. Stir until everything is incorporated.
5. Serve over cooked pasta. Garnish with avocado, tomato, green onion, and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.