Monday, September 10, 2012
This was DELIC! It makes the BEST taco salad. I actually liked it on a salad better than in a fajita but either is GREAT! You could also place everything in a bag and freeze it to use for a later date.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but into strips
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped (or a mixture of red and green peppers)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
Tortillas, sour cream, cheese, etc... (optional for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish (yes it can fit into an 8x8 baking dish but it has to be in a 9x13 to evaporate the liquids properly).
2. In a large bowl, mix together chicken, tomatoes, chilies, peppers, and onions.
3. In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt.
4. Pour spice mixture over chicken mixtures. Stir to coat.
5. Dump everything into your greased 9x13. Spread evenly.
6. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
7. Serve with warmed tortillas and other desired toppings.