My mom found this recipe on the back of a Panko Bread Crumbs Box and decided to give it a try. Who knows why. I mean maple and chicken together? Maybe this is Panko's spin on chicken and waffles? Who knows. But what I do know, is this is SO GOOD!! Everyone loves it. The maple is present but subtle. The crust is golden and crispy with a hint of maple and toasted pecans. The meat is moist and full of flavor.
Adapted from Panko Bread Crumbs Box
¼ cup Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon Salt
¾ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
½ cup finely chopped Pecans
4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (pounded to ½ inch think)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix maple syrup, mayonnaise, and salt in a shallow dish.
3. Mix bread crumbs and pecans in another shallow dish.
4. Dip chicken in syrup mixture and then into crumbs.
5. Place on greased baking sheet and spray top of chicken with cooking spray.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes, turning one, until the thickest part of the chicken is 165 degrees and coating is golden brown.