Wednesday, May 5, 2010
The picture does not do this dish justice but it was the only picture we had. These potatoes are great with ham, especially for a holiday meal. It is simple and better if made the night before.
6 good size potatoes
1 pint sour cream
1 bunch green onions, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1. Cook potatoes with skins on until fork tender. Cool.
2. Peel the cooked potatoes and shred with a cheese grater into a large bowl.
3. Stir in sour cream, onion, 1 cup cheese, salt, and pepper. Place into a buttered baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
4. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (until cheese is melted and heated all the way through).