Saturday, July 31, 2010
Sorry for the delay with updating the blog but I have been on the road for the past month! But now that I am back you can expect regular updates once again.
I made this dessert for a basketball team that I was coaching and it was DIVINE! You must try this one if you like butterscotch! Warning ... This is VERY sweet and SO delicious!
My niece was helping bake. Isn't she adorable?
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 12 ounce bag butterscotch chips
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 12 ounce bag chocolate chips
2 cups marshmallows
1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In large saucepan, melt butter. Add butterscotch chips and brown sugar. Stir until all melted. Do not boil. Remove pan from heat and let cool for about 1/2 hour.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4. Stir in rest of ingredients just until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Spread mixture into a 9x13 greased pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out without batter attached. (There will always be batter on the toothpick but once a toothpick comes out with thick sticky batter, consider it done! At the same time do not be afraid to overcook them. The bars will set up when cooled.)