Tuesday, August 24, 2010

S'mores Bars


I have been craving some good s'mores lately without the hassle of a campfire. You will never believe what i found in my Paula Deen Best Desserts Magazine! Yes, a S'mores Bars recipe. You know I had to try it and could not wait to share it with you. Everyone will surely love this one! Personally, if you can believe it, I think that this is better than real s'mores! Call me crazy but once you try this, you just might agree.


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 1.5-ounce Hershey's milk chocolate bars (I just used chocolate chips but you are more than welcome to use bars)
1 cup marshmallow creme (I used real marshmallows because I didn't have marshmallow creme, which makes it much messier to cut than if you just used marshmallow cream; nonetheless, it is just as delicious)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combine.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat until combine.


4. Press half of dough in prepared pan, spreading evenly. Place chocolate bars on top of dough, breaking apart as needed to create an even layer of chocolate (I like to have the whole bottom coated because I love chocolate). Spread the marshmallow creme over chocolate bars (since I used marshmallows, I just made sure that everything was coated in marshmallows).
5. Spread remaining dough over marshmallow creme. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (check it at 25 depending on how well done you want this). Cut into squares to serve.

1 comment:

Pinterest