Sunday, December 18, 2011
Almond Joy Cookies
These might just be one of my new favorite cookies! I LOVE them! I am slightly OBSESSED with coconut, and these have the perfect amount of coconut in them! Seriously, who doesn't like an almond joy? Eating an almond joy in a cookie ... perfection!
12 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1/4-1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup almond slices
Melted chocolate (for dipping)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, coconut extract, almond extract baking powder, salt, baking soda, and egg. Continue to beat until everything is incorporated.
4. Mix in the flour until everything is fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and almond slices.
5. Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown (center will not be set but continue to cook after being pulled from the oven. Let cool for five minutes on tray (if you can wait) before serving.
Optional: Once the cookies have cooled, melt chocolate in the microwave (the perfect way to melt chocolate to make it hard again is explained below). Dip half the cookies in the melted chocolate and place on a piece of parchment paper to dry.
How to Melt Chocolate so it Gets Hard Again
1. Place 2/3 of your chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Melt in 20-30 second intervals, stirring in between each one until fully melted.
3. Stir in the remaining 1/3 chocolate and stir until the remaining chocolate is melted (if you need to put it back in the microwave for an additional 5 seconds, you can do so now).