Friday, January 6, 2012

Frosting Truffles


Foto Friday" is back! This was Cash's outfit for Christmas morning! Everyone LOVED it!


And this is Cash and I. He is already getting a little attitude. Its so CUTE!


I saw this idea on Cookies and Cups and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. So last night, I decided to try and make them with my leftover peppermint frosting. They tasted just like a York Peppermint Pattie but WAY better! I had to have another this morning to make sure they were just as good as I remembered. They were! And lets just say, I had more than one (I don't want to embarrass myself and tell you how many I really had).

You can do this with ANY kind of frosting. Those of you who love fruit and chocolate would love strawberry frosting dipped in dark chocolate. Do not waste leftover frosting any longer...Make Frosting Truffles!

Ingredients
Your favorite homemade frosting (I used the frosting in this recipe)
Dark chocolate appeals (buy them on sale at Michael's with a coupon for virtually nothing)

Directions
1. Place your frosting in the refrigerator until chilled. Scoop out balls with a small cookie scoop or roll into teaspoon size balls with your hands. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
2. Just before removing your frosting balls from the freezer, melt your chocolate appeals over a double broiler (If you do not have a double broiler, just use a heat proof glass bowl over a pot of boiling water but be sure the water does not touch the bowl. The steam is what melts the chocolate).
3. Dip the frozen balls of frosting into the chocolate using a fork. Place on parchment paper to dry (be sure to "knock off" excess chocolate).

Note: I LOVE frozen York Peppermint Pattie's, so I left mine in the freezer (so they last longer and I don't try to eat them all before they "go bad"). They can be kept at room temperature though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest