Tuesday, January 10, 2012

S'mores Cookies



I posted these S'mores Cookies a while ago but have been wanting to come up with something better for a while. I DO NOT like flat cookies, and these were far to flat; but they did taste amazing. So I have come up with this S'mores Cookie recipe. It is my Turtle Cookie revamped. They are DELICIOUS! And definitely not flat! I hope you enjoy this summer treat during the dead of winter :)!




Also, I will be gone for the next week traveling with my husband and his basketball team; therefore, there will be no posts. This also means I will miss "Foto Friday" so I figured that I would post a quick picture today! :) My little one has learned to give "kisses." Let's just say that when he saw himself in the mirror, he couldn't resist laying a fat one on himself haha.


Ingredients
12 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Dash of cinnamon3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups flour

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup marshmallows



Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, dash of cinnamon baking powder, salt, baking soda, and egg. Continue to beat until everything is incorporated.
4. Mix in the flour until everything is fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
5. Scoop cookie dough and form into balls. Freeze for at least one hour (the freezing helps the marshmallows not ooze too much). 
6. Place onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown (center will not be set but continue to cook after being pulled from the oven. Let cool for five minutes on tray (if you can wait) before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest